What is an ecommerce platform?
How and why to choose an ecommerce platfrom.
What is an ecommerce platform?
Ecommerce platform is a software application which allows the business owner to manage their online sale operations. There are many vendors in the market who offer different ecommerce platform which suites their business. Every platform has its own advantage and disadvantages, people chose one according to their requirement.
Why should we use ecommerce platform?
If you are expanding your business from a physical store to online, and also if you want to take your brand to global audience then you need to create an online store. To enable an online store you need a software application (ecommerce platform). For an online business we need different set of features which will be available from an ecommerce platform. Ecommerce platforms are specifically created for that purpose only. Alternatively we can create an online store from scratch but, it is not a cost effective option for small business owners.
Popular ecommerce platforms:
Creating an online store becomes a trend in launching a start-up. There are many options in choosing an ecommerce platform but, it become difficult to choose the best fit for your business. Below are some of the best popular ecommerce platforms.
- Open Cart
- Zen Cart
- Symphony Commerce
- Big Commerce
OpenCart modules are practically equivalent to additional items, modules, or augmentations in other substance administration frameworks. It's through modules that OpenCart gives us the capacity to stretch out its usefulness without editing the application's records. Similarly, as with numerous other content management system, it's by and large thought to be a best practice to expand the usefulness of the center application through the gave APIs and OpenCart is the same. Modules enable us to present, evacuate, or alter usefulness of the center application that is done in a compartmentalized and viable way.
We are looking for website development company in Delhi then reach out us.We develop websites with Magento as our content management platform .As far as offering highlights it is very flexible and far reaching and relying upon the variant you are utilizing and that can go from dealing with the requests and indexes to managing installment and shipment.Magento enables you to deal with your content as well as extremely SEO agreeable. We as a whole realize that achievement of the online business depends intensely on the perceivability of the customers.
Essential features of an Ecommerce Platform:
The primary goal of any ecommerce platform is to enable customer to buy products and services from your online store. Every ecommerce platform has its own features which cater to and customized by business owners. Almost all the platforms offer everything what an online store required, and also those platform enable the developers to create and customize the store based on their requirement.
Below are some of the common features an ecommerce platform should have:
- Payment gateway option: The main goal of an online store is to enable the customer to buy online so the payment gateway is an important feature of an ecommerce site. When you are choosing a payment gateway just keep in mind that it should give couple of options for the user to do the payment.
- Available themes: Design is the face of your online store, the design should look appealing and user friendly so that you can reduce the bounce rate of the user. Check if the platform provides enough themes. Most of the platform provides some free themes and also they have some paid premium themes.
- Security: One of the most important features of an ecommerce platform is security. Since the platform enable the use to pay online it is very much important that your platform provide necessary security features.
- Order management, invoicing: A sophisticated platform should equip with proper handing the orders management and provide clear details of the order processing.
- Documentation of the platform: A proper documentation of the platform help the developers to understand use the platform as per the business requirement. It is a key first hand documentation which needs to be provided by the platform.
- Scalability: When the business grows, the requirement for an ecommerce store will increase with more features. The ecommerce platform should be a scalable option which allows the owner to upgrade the store to next level.
Choosing an ecommerce platform can be overwhelming. There may vendors who provide paid and open source options. Based on the business requirement, business owners need to wisely choose an ecommerce platform with relevant features.
We hope this article has given some insight on ecommerce platform and what are all the importing things we need to check if we are going create an online store.