Ecommerce Website Development Process
6 Steps to Building an ECommerce Website
Over the last few years, the ecommerce industry in India has seen exponential growth. It is expected to continue the same trend in coming years. By 2020, it is expected to touch $80 billion. This makes all small business owners show interest in choosing an online platform for their business.
There are 6 major and important steps in developing an ecommerce website:
- Product/service identification: keep the following points I mind when you are identifying products to sell.
- Go niche, where there is sufficient demand
- Product pricing, low pricing make it difficult for you to get returns. And also high-value items difficult to make people to purchase
- Product availability and convenience. Chose the products which are not easily available. Usually those kind of products will sell quickly online
- Know your customer: It is important for any business to know who their target audience is so, that they can reach them in the best possible way. Check your competitor customers and evaluate them.
- Right ecommerce platform: It’s a software which helps you build your online store where you put your products for sale and where you customers buy. Choosing the right ecommerce platform is crucial for any business and it is the very first step in ecommerce website development process. You chose between hosted and self hosted platforms. There are many hosted platforms like Magento, WooCommerce, Shopify and opencart etc., almost all these platform have the essential features of an online business. Based on the requirement you can customize the platform features.
- Right hosting platform: Choosing the right hosting platform is vital to any online business as it plays a crucial role in making your online store up and running without any interruption. A right hosting platform determines your website’s accessibility and performance efficiency. Some of the important parameters to consider when you chose a hosting platform.
- Right design / development agency: The next important thing is to choose the right development partner. With the emerging online trend we have lot of options in choosing an agency. But, we need to look for the below aspects when you are chosen your ecommerce development company.
- After sale support
- Design, development approach
- Testing phase: After development before it goes on air, it is very much important to do a testing on different scenarios. Testing is usually done in various browsers, across platforms, and across devices. Testing includes usability, customer convenience, bugs, appearance and is to ensuring a good shopping experience.
Som e of the points which need to check at the time of testing – Website loading, compatability, navigation, broken links, security.
- Online marketing: After the site is ready, the next immediate step is to do marketing and promotional activities. A well-planned promotional strategy that reaches out to the right audience at the right time and across the right channels will help spreading the brand awareness and sale conversion. Some of the marketing methods used for an online business is as follows.
- Email marketing
- SEO – Search engine marketing
- SEM - Social media marketing
- Google addwords (Pay per click)
I would like to thank Ms.Shweta Shetty and the entire team of Web Bazaar for their wonderful co-operation for making Source Communications go online. It feels nice to see that we are noticed and present online.
In look them just two days to take us there and have satisfied us in all aspects.The team at Web Bazaar was very quick and fast.What impressed me the most was the process that they follow right from the initial discussions till the hosting of website. I have referred them to many of my friends and present business clients.All of them have given me a very positive response about their experience in getting their website done from Web Bazaar.
Business in the current decade depends lot on presentation and promotion along with assured quality of services rendered. Especially in the internet Age, apowerful business apart from being driven by value also depends on a dominating presence in the virtual world. One sureshot way to establish presence online is to have a domain name resistered, website commissioned and promoted aggressively.
Although there are numerous business entities which offer domain registration at dirt cheap prices, there is risk of authenticity of the registered domain. Further, there are also website that allow you to build website from a list of temaplates prelodaded. The troubles with these are investment of time and lack of facilities to fine tune the designs.
I am Asha Praveen from VERNAL CHOCOLATE SHOPPEE. Vernal is into making of delicious and lip licking chocolates, cakes and snacks.
I wish to thank Mrs, Shweta Shetty from Web Bazaar for her speedy service for my website www.chocolatescooking.com, in an affordable price compared to my earlier web designer, where nothing had developed with high price. The timely service with all necessary stuff of my website was done very well. Once again I thank Shweta Shetty from Web Bazaar and refer her services to all my contacts.
We had created a website using online tools that was nothing short of adventure and deep inside our hearts we knew it was no match for any of its contemporaries.
Some skill sets that seem quite easy and obvious upon observing and watching can never be mastered,but when you try to imitate or do-it-yourself ,you will know the value of experimentation.We ended up being a disaster by having a very unimpressive website.We now realize that adventure is just bad planning! When Shweta and her team at Web Bazaar were assigned to develop our website www.southdalenaturals.com, we had the faintest idea that it would be seen by any or many.We started off our business as usual and did not expect any miracles to happen overnight ,but today,after good 2 years of our website's existence,we realized its value when our esteemed customer M/S.Titan industries informed us that they found us thru the internet and they selected us only after seeing our website .We did a business of over 45 lakhs till date with Titan.This is one example of how one website can help in growing your business and how one can impress their customers with a very realistic creation.
Good Morning and Greetings to you all. On behalf of Inspired Indian Foundation, I would place on record the commendable job you guys have done in the making of www.inspireindianfoundation.org. It was a great learning experience in working with a completely dedicated team. This is the Foundation's second website and rest assured, we will come back to you in case we launch a third one.
Keep up the good work and make use of the ii platform to write about unsung heroes. Here's an interesting quote that signifies team-work: "None of us is as strong as all of us."
And, if Web Bazaar is looking for one catchline, then this could be the best: Bonding beyond bandwidth.